Where will you be for Thanksgiving this year? With your crazy cousins, or maybe at a new love’s or a Friendsgiving? If you notice there’s family tension thicker than canned gravy at your Thanksgiving destination; I have a solution. Make awkward moments cheerful with a fun, refreshing holiday cocktail. In my Youtube video above, I’ll show you how to make a Martini Bianco on Ice which I had for the first time this year.
Over the summer in Europe, a friend of mine ordered a ‘Martini‘ and one for me too. ‘No, no! I hate Martini’s,’ I whined, but then I took a sip and this was different. In Italy, they drink Martini Bianco on ice with a lemon as an apertif and I loved it. It’s a very small drink and is best served chilled over ice with lemon.
Here’s my Top 5 Cocktails this year for the holidays!
1. Martini Bianco on Ice - Yep, BevMo has it. (New Video Above)
2. Crown & Coke with a cherry. My favorite drink. Crown Royal + Coke. Easy!
3. Moscow Mules! Check out my aunt & uncle’s Ginger Beer by their company, The Ginger People. Cocktail kits are a great way to say “Happy Holidays” to your host. Wrap a 4 pack of their award winning Ginger Beer with top shelf Vodka and a pair of tin cups to create a Moscow Mule basket.
4. White Russian! Perfect for ‘The Dude’ fans or a festive option if you’re celebrating a Friendsgiving this year. You just need Kahlúa, vodka & cream. Recipe here.
5. Glühwein! They have this at the Christmas markets in Germany, Switzerland & Austria. I love it! The main ingredients are 1 bottle of red wine, 1 lemon, 2 sticks cinnamon, 3 cloves, 2 Tsb sugar. Here’s the recipe.
Do you have any holiday cocktail recommendations?
I know bar carts are popular and if you don’t have the space, just go with a fun serving tray and make it your mini bar station. Have a great weekend!