Orange Crush at Art Basel

Savvy Spice Dale Janee Fashion Blogger

‘If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him.’ -John F. Kennedy

I’ve never been particularly artistic, although I have been called ‘a real piece of work‘ in the past. However, over the years my art appreciation has grown from tagging along with friends to art museums in San Francisco to this year at Art Basel! Art Basel has become the ‘premiere platform’ for the world’s top artists to show off their modern and contemporary art. It’s also going on in Hong Kong and Miami Beach coming up in December. Here’s a quick tour of Art Basel 2014 with some pieces that caught my attention in my orange on orange matching set I just found at Zara…

Dale Janee Savvy Spice fashion blogger Art Basel

<The Day Started at the House of Ruinart celebrating its champagne House since 1729. This art piece is by Georgia Russell especially for the event which will travel around to the other shows.>

Savvy Spice Ruinart art Art Basel fashion blogger

<Russell, the young Scottish visual artist  is known for using the paper of old books to cut which she sculpts with a scalpel before precision cutting her art (aka – this piece must have taken A LOT of time) >

Art Basel Savvy Spice Ruinart

<After a couple glasses of Ruinart champagne, it was time to hit the show which would take hours or days to see everything>

Art Basel fashion blogger Dale Janee Christopher Walken

<There was photography with some very familiar faces by artist Jablonka Galerie>

Eat Art Art Basel Savvy Spice

<There was art with lights, mirrors, and everything you could think of>

Art Basel food court

<This was the fancy food court in the center of the event. Unfortunately, I haven’t acquired a taste yet for Swiss veal white sausage which is very popular to serve, especially at events>

Blah Blah Blah Art Basel Savvy Spice

<‘Blah, Blah, Blah’ by artist Mel Bochner. The overall oil painting comes in 8 pieces>

Love Art Savvy Spice fashion blog

<Loved this one!>

20.000 Bullet Shells Savvy Spice fashion blog

<This piece of art was a room of bullet shells all over the floor called ‘20.000 Gunshells‘ by artist Matias Faldbakken. You had to walk through the bullet shells and seeing and hearing the sound of them below people’s feet was actually a little creepy and just reminded me of the non-stop tragedies of gun violence in the US>

Nothing Is Permanent Art Basel

<I thought this piece was inspirational>

Art Basel 2014 Savvy Spice Dolphin statue Dale Janee

<’Dolphin‘ by Jeff Koons – the mirror polished stainless steel was my FAVORITE piece of the day!>

Thanks for coming along and highly recommend Art Basel if you ever get the chance to go! Do you enjoy art shows? Also, maybe it’s all the ‘Orange is the New Black‘ talk, but I am loving the citrus shade this summer. Here’s a few of my ‘Orange Crush’ looks below.

Screen Shot 2014 02 26 at 12.19.14 PM 2

350
Tagged with: , ,
24 comments on “Orange Crush at Art Basel
  1. Launna says:

Your orange outfit is lovely Dale ♡

I’m not artistic myself but many people in my family are very artustic. I do enjoy good artwork;-)

2. Launna says:

Your orange outfit is lovely Dale ♡

3. Shulamit E says:

you really do look fabulous in bright colors.. Love the outfit. I am more of a fan of classic and renaissance art but looks like a fun exhibition.

4. Laura Lilia says:

You look so beautiful, the color is amazing

5. Sarah says:

I love art shows! I’m by no means an artist myself but I sure do appreciate good art. This show looks so cool! And I love your outfit.
    xx Sarah
    sarah kate style

6. imaginarymi says:

Love your simple outfit, btw I just followed your blog :)

7. Vannessa@Luxuria says:

Your outfit is GORGEOUS!!! I have some lovely orange gem earrings in my boutique at the moment ;-) They would have looked lovely with your snazzy outfit xx

8. Vannessa@Luxuria says:

9. Kim A. says:

I’m just now getting into art shows. This was lovely Dale! I love the LOVE sculpture. Your outfit was spectacular! So sharp! I love orange. Gorgeous shoes too!

10. Oh to Be a Muse says:

I’ve actually never been to the Art Basel here, but I’ve been to the one in Miami and I love it. Have to go back some time. Anyway, you look totally amazing in these photos. Orange Crush is your color, dear.

P.s. — lovin’ OITNB as well.

11. Gabriella George says:

Amazing blog! Follow for follow? xx

vogue-berry.blogspot.com

12. tiffany says:

Looks so interesting and fun. Very pretty outfit for such an arty occasion!

13. Diva In Me says:

The 20k Gunshell’s picture is interesting. I’m sure it gets tricky trying not to step and slip on the gun shells. Yea, I heard of the recent gun tragedy violence in US and I felt sad for the victims.

14. Diva In Me says:

15. Carolyn says:

Looks like a wonderful Exhibition.
    Love the orange outfit.
    Happy week
    Carolyn

16. Carolyn says:

Looks like a wonderful Exhibition.
    Love the orange outfit.