A Go-to-Guide to Girly Glam

Dale Janee Savvy Spice Fashion Blog

I don’t know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.’ ~ Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn might not have been a scholar, but she had quite a few zingers about love, life and lipstick that still ring true today. While I’ve always loved vintage shopping, it’s not always easy to snag the style or size you need. Case in point: the most adorable Chanel lady bug heels spotted at a 2nd hand store in Germany over the weekend. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to squeeze into size 37 since 6th grade. However, there are a 4 style and beauty must-haves that I consider Girly Glam essentials for every woman…

Black Christian Loboutin heels Savvy Spice

1.  Basic Black Stilettos – Patent leather or pointy, as long as they’re at least 3 inches and make you feel taller and thinner, they’re a ‘Do.’

Savvy Spice Fashion Blog Dale Janee Vintage

2. A Proper Belt Collection ~ All belts are not created equal! Typically, I’ll never wear a belt this thick unless my dress is knee length or longer. Thinner belts with shorter dresses make your waist look smaller. As a general rule, the longer your dress – the thicker the belt can be! Extra vintage points for bow details.

Louboutin Heels Savvy Spice fashion blog Dale Janee1

3. Gingham Style ~ This gingham patterned dress is a classic print that celebs in the 50s and 60s loved, especially Bridgette Bardot. Gingham is all over this Spring and Summer, so go for it!

Dress Marilyn Monroe Savvy Spice

4. A Dress that Makes You Feel Like Marilyn Monroe ~ It’s the dress that’s not too tight, but not too loose with an over-all ladylike silhouette. It hits just below the knee, flows out at the waist and makes you feel confident and curvy whether you’re standing over a man-hole or not. It’s a dress you could imagine your mom, your grandma or great-grandma were all wearing it too.

Gingham black white zara dress Savvy Spice dale janee

<DETAILS by Dale> dress (recent) ~ Zara (Similar Here), heels ~ Louboutin, belt ~ H&M, clutch ~TJ Maxx (Love This One by TopShop), nail polish ~ Venique Nail Lacquer ‘Sugar on Hi-Platforms (Similar by Sinful Colors), lipstick ~ MAC

What’s on your ‘Glam List’ and are you wearing ‘Gingham’ this Spring?

Hope you had a great 3-Day Weekend! See You Friday…

Screen Shot 2014 02 26 at 12.19.14 PM 2 e1399012953323

Posted in Fashion Tips for Women. Bookmark the permalink.
18 comments on “A Go-to-Guide to Girly Glam
  1. Shulamit E says:

I absolutely love gingham and this outfit is rocking. Loves it! :)

2. Shulamit E says:

I absolutely love gingham and this outfit is rocking. Loves it! :)

3. Taras e Manias says:

So lady, love it

Sónia

Taras e Manias

4. Guest says:

i loveee love this post dale! you look so vintage throw back i love it! so bridget bardot/audrey hepburn so cute! that gingham dress looks fantastic on you! and i love that you used the words “confident” & “curvy” in the same sentence i feel like these days.. hollywood and blogs alike want to make girls feel like they need to be a THIN as possible. ie. without curves.. but i honestly feel like real woman and truly sexy woman have curves!

5. Guest says:

KILL ME! i keep trying to edit my comment i meant vintage THROW back!! not throw up -___- you look gorgeous!!! grr lol!! i’m so sorry i tried editing it like three times and couldn’t figure out how to delete my comment lols

6. lisa says:

i loveee love this post dale! you look so vintage throw up throw back! so bridget bardot/audrey hepburn so cute! that gingham dress looks fantastic on you! and i love that you used the words “confident” & “curvy” in the same sentence i feel like these days.. hollywood and blogs alike want to make girls feel like they need to be a THIN as possible. ie. without curves.. but i honestly feel like real woman and truly sexy woman have curves!

7. Launna says:

This is a beautiful girly looking dress, I really like it on you… I adore the heels… wow <3

I am loving my pillowcase and telling everyone about it… thank you so much :)

8. Kim A. says:

I absolutely love gingham. That dress is precious Dale. Looks amazing on you. I love your heels. You are the epitome of girly girl glam. You look spectacular.

9. Angela says:

You look absolutely gorgeous! I like how vintage it looks like :) and your dress <3 <3

Mind to visit and check out my blogs to?
    and lemme know if you want a follow for follow? :D

here's my blog :)

10. Angela says:

Mind to visit and check out my blogs to?
    and lemme know if you want a follow for follow? :D

here's my blog :)

11. Jessica (What To Style) says:

Gorgeous look! I really like this vintage style! =)

Thanks for visiting my blog!

xoxo,
    Jess

12. Andrea says:

Great dress!! Come by and check out my blog, if you like it I would love if you followed me!

xo Andrea

13. Niki Caron says:

I love your girly glam look! So pretty!