facebook
SHOP SAVVY SLEEPERS
Anti-aging Satin Pillowcases for Hair, Skin & Lashes
ABOUT ME

Style is Timeless

Basel-World-Savvy-Spice-White-Hermes-BeltYou know the sayings: ‘Time is money,‘ ‘time is precious,’ ‘waste your money and you’re only out of money, but waste your time and you’ve lost part of your life.‘ The Swiss seem to value and manage time far more efficiently than Americans. There are clocks everywhere in Switzerland, trains are on time, appointments don’t run late,  ‘free consultations‘ aren’t part of business and when my husband says he’ll be home in three minutes, he literally walks in the door 180 seconds later.

In a land where punctuality is posh and there’s no such thing as fashionably late; it’s no wonder that the world’s finest watch brands come from here. Swatch, IWC, Chopard, Carl F. Bucherer, Omega, Rolex and the list could go on, are all Swiss. This brings me to the world’s largest annual jewelry and watch show, Basel World, which was held in Basel, Switzerland last week. I attended a blogger event hosted by Carl F. Bucherer in a light-weight 70’s style shirt dress and tried on wrist candy worth more than my future dream house…

Basel-World-2014-Savvy-Spice-White-Hermes-Belt

Basel-World-Savvy-Spice

Basel-World-Carl-F-Bucherer-Savvy-Spice-Switzerland 2

Basel-World-Savvy-Spice-Carl-F-Bucherer

DSC05536

Basel World- Dale Janee - Savvy Spice

<DETAILS by Dale> print dress (old) ~ Zara, purse ~ ‘W’ Tote LV, heels ~ MANGO, belt ~ Hermès (Hermès 1/2 off belt trick post here), watch (just trying it on) ~ Carl F. Bucherer, legs ~ Sally Hansen Airbrush legs (Medium), 70’s style hair extensions 50 cm ℅ 1001 Extensions in EU

Until moving to Zurich, this was the only Basel I knew, but the city of Basel sits on the border of Switzerland, Germany and France and is a hotspot for events. Art Basel, which is also held in Miami Beach and Hong Kong, is coming up in June. I noticed I’ve started wearing a watch more often in Switzerland compared to San Francisco when my iPhone was just fine. I’ve also improved my ‘on-time’ status by at least 80% compared to my old Cali life.

Do you wear a watch on a regular basis?

Shout-out to new blogger friends I met last week who are all based in Switzerland. My Sweet ValentinePrincess, Loads of MusicGine Style & StoriesTiphaine’s Dary. See you later this week!

Screen Shot 2014-02-26 at 12.19.14 PM 2

Comments

1. Shulamit E says:

Oooh!! Ok loving this outfit and that watch! Get it in the land of Swiss Cheese 🙂

2. You look gorgeous doll, love the look and the watch is beautiful, not worn a watch in ages as I don’t like them, but this one I would wear, so pretty. I hope you have a great week xx

3. Vannessa@Luxuria says:

Oooh! I am so jealous you were at Basel World. Being a “curator of sparkles” it would be have been bliss for me to be there. I know what you mean about the Swiss and punctuality. As a Brit I am quite punctual. But my family in Switzerland knock spots off me. I have never known them to be even 5 minutes late for anything! The total extreme from when I am in Spain; you call a client who you were supposed to be in a meeting with 15 minutes ago and they have no problem telling you they will get to you “when” they have finished their drink in the bar! When they do arrive there is never even an apology.

• You would love Basel World Vannessa and especially the jewelry section. You should come next year for sure. That’s a cute story about your family and it’s definitely interesting how ‘time’ is viewed differently all over the world.

4. Elizabeth Hawn says:
  5. Elizabeth Hawn says:
  6. Dale, this is a really classy retro dress, I adore the look on you… 🙂

I am slightly jealous of your beautiful weather… we are getting a bit better than we had… there is a hint of Spring in the air…

Have a really great week ahead 🙂

7. Precious says:

Love this ensemble! Lovely! 🙂

8. If I had a watch as lovely as these I definitely would. They are gorgeous.

9. Girlie Blogger says:

This is why I love reading blogs – to learn about different parts of the world. I had no idea about Art Basel, or anything about that place. So it’s always nice to learn. Also, I didn’t know about the quote, or that there are clocks everywhere in Switzerland. Makes absolute sense though.

Love the dress. It’s timeless indeed.

Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

10. Sounds like my kind of country indeed. And what a lovely outfit – the print of that dress is gorgeous! x

11. I love this look! That dress is so cute!

Abby

12. I love this look! That dress is so cute!

Abby

13. Dale, you made me smile! Here in Italy is the opposite, punctuality is pretty rare lol! But I do love to wear watches because for me time is very important. The one you are wearing is gorgeous, the event must have been great. You just look awesome with this 70s style! Many hugs! xo

14. I love that saying! I am constantly worried about wasting my time, yet I still manage to do it far too often. And I don’t wear a watch….maybe that says something, haha! Love those shoes btw 🙂

15. Jessica says:

These watches are beautiful. I don’t really wear a watch that often. I got a Kate Spade watch for Christmas and wearing it a couple times a week.

16. Letne Dni Look Younger says:

I love your dress, great pictures.
    Dusana 🙂

17. Beautiful dress and heels :))

18. Absolutely love your dress and heels, just gorgeous!

19. stunning dress!

20. Jeannette says:

Very nice Look!!! Love it

FOLLOW MY BLOG / Maybe we can follow each other!!!

21. Jeannette says:

Very nice Look!!! Love it

FOLLOW MY BLOG / Maybe we can follow each other!!!

22. HI Dale! Fabulous outfit – that dress is perfection!

Have a lovely weekend!
    xx,
    Kristi

23. So interesting that the Swiss are much more punctual than the U.S.! I wouldn’t have thought about that. I have a gorgeous rose-gold watch my husband bought me, but I usually only wear it about once a week because it’s so heavy. I love it, though, and it does seem to help me stay on time.

24. So interesting that the Swiss are much more punctual than the U.S.! I wouldn’t have thought about that. I have a gorgeous rose-gold watch my husband bought me, but I usually only wear it about once a week because it’s so heavy. I love it, though, and it does seem to help me stay on time.