Get Atlantic-Pacific’s ‘Party Palm’ Look for Less

Atlantic Pacific Look for Less Savvy Spice

I‘ve mentioned before that Atlantic-Pacific is one of my favorite style bloggers so when she posts a look that I love, I instantly wonder if I can create a similar style with budget-friendly fashion. In 2012, I showed a DIY Creme de la Creme and last year an ‘On the Go‘ look-for-less in Munich.

Her recent look party palm reminded me of a dress I bought last summer and featured in a post called ‘Primal Prints,’ so I can wait to test it again on a summer vacay while sipping a Mai Tai. I loved her take on the simple tropical styling and here’s my top tricks for re-creating your own palm print party dress later this summer…

atlantic pacific

Left (me)-Dress by H&M Conscious Collection last summer (sale $15) / Right (AP) Dress-Just Cavalli $555.00

DIY ~ The key to achieving a ‘Glam in Miami’ look is finding a dress with emerald green prints, then adding gold jewelry like a chain necklace which is striking and gives an instant ‘Versace’ vibe. Radiant orchid – the 2014 ‘it’ color – compliments emerald green as well. (pic on the right via)

palm party necklace

Left (Me) – Necklace by Splenderosa ($95) / Right (AP) Necklace – Bauble Bar ($42)

This entire look can be put together for a fraction of the price of the Just Cavalli dress. Plus, when it comes to vacation-wear; I try to spend the bare minimum after losing clothes or having them ruined by fake tanning spills in my suitcase. To see my original ‘Primal Prints‘ post last summer, click here. Are you inspired to create ‘looks for less’ by shopping your own closet?

Next post is  from adventures at Basel World in Switzerland and below are 10 of my favorite ways to infuse tropical prints this Spring/Summer.

Screen Shot 2014 02 26 at 12.19.14 PM 2

20 comments on “Get Atlantic-Pacific’s ‘Party Palm’ Look for Less
  1. I love florals. Working on an article about it now… Love the outfit too!!

2. Launna says:

Dale, I adore the look and I am with you, why take your expensive items on vacation when they could get lost or ruined… and this dress is really cute. :)

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog… sleep is not something that is coming easy these days… oh well…. I just keep trying :)

3. I love ‘style on budget’ type of post, thank you! Personally I think you looked better than the model in Cavalli dress! xo

4. Dale, it’s a beautiful dress doll. So tropical! So pretty!

5. KizzyDoll says:

Super cool look :) x

6. Helena says:

So beautiful florals!
    Great post!

7. Super cute! Love that you don’t have to drop major $$$ to look fabulous :)

8. Jennifer says:

I love to make looks for less from my own closet!! Bravo, you look great in this.

9. laura says:

AMAZING prints! this jugle prints are a great trend, and they suit you amazingly
    Also, love the necklace
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

10. Annelicious says:

Thank youi for stopping by my blog! Great idea this inspired look! :D

>> http://www.theannelicious.com

11. Laëtitia says:

I love this outfit, and well done honestly there’s not much difference between Atlantic Pacific’s look and yours :)

12. Kristi says:

This is so cute! I love this print and you look fabulous,
    xx,
    Kristi

13. Melissa says:

I love this look! You match the style head on!
    xo,
    Melissa

14. Olivia Abdelmalek says:

Your blog is so cute!!! This dress and the necklaces go so perfectly together!!

Best,

Olivia Abdelmalek

15. MilanoTime says:

Love your blog! This H&M dress is so cute!
    Kisses

16. Diva In me says:

She’s my favourite blogger too and definitely an inspiration to me. I like how you put a twist to her look. Definitely great for summer and the sound of sipping Mai Tai is definitely refreshing! =D

17. Diva In me says: