Do you ever wish Youtube was around when you were high-school? I do. If you’re like me and went to high school prior to 2005; we missed out on make up tutorials worth their price in gold shimmer. Online beauty buddies would have been especially helpful during those awkward teen years of makeup experimentation.
We all see looks in magazines, on friends, women crossing the street, or TV that we may wish we could emulate. Thanks to Youtube tutorials and beauty bloggers; there’s no reason to be ‘green with envy’ of any look. Here’s 5 of my favorite beauty gurus and budget friendly tips as we awaited our flight home from Amsterdam…
1. How to Look Your Thinnest in Pictures ~ Beauty blogger Maskcara just wrote a top-notch post including before and after pics how to take flattering pics whether it’s for fun or Facebook. One tip – Wear heels for full body pics. (Wearing black on black doesn’t hurt either)
2. Get the Hairstyles You See on TV ~ There’s a reason so many celebrities wear hair extensions. It can enhance any hair style you want as I mentioned last Friday. I’ve been wearing new hair extensions recently c/o 1001 Extensions. The quality is excellent (100% human hair) and this Swiss brand is surprisingly much less than US prices for hair extensions I bought in the past.
3. Get a Fashion Mag Subscription ~ Yes, it’s old school to get magazines delivered. But Glamour magazine and Lucky (2 of my faves) keep up with the latest styles and inspire me to re-mix my existing wardrobe. Bonus – They’re about $12 a year for an entire subscription!
4. Build a Great Foundation and Blend ~ One of my longtime favorite Youtube beauty bloggers is Kandee Johnson. She shares high-end & drugstore brands. Yes, she’s super bubbly, but here’s one of her updated videos ‘7 Steps to a Flawless Face Foundation.’
5. How to Trick Hot Trends ~ I’d been seeing sets of stacked rings everywhere, but spending $100+ was out of the question. I found mine at H&M and here’s some of my faves under $30. These stacked rings by Lucky, gold ones by Nasty Gal are perfect or this nautical stacking set by Express.
<DETAILS by Dale> top ~ H&M (my fave leather details tops here), boots & heels ~ Zara, rings ~H&M, 50 cm blond Hair Extensions c/0 ~ 1001 Extensions, watch c/o 88 Rue Du Rhone, nail polish ~ ‘Wined Up’ Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Do you have any Youtube or beauty bloggers you love? This post was inspired by the make-up artist who had people talking around the world with her before and after.
Have a great weekend. See you Monday!
Enjoy this Read? Subscribe Now so You Won't Miss Future Posts!
Previous Post:« Spa Week, Savvy Sleepers & Beverly Hills Housewives
Next Post:Red October »