How much is too much in terms of getting gussied up for work? Maybe you’ve walked by a woman’s cube in your office that doubles as a makeup vanity with heels stacked below and nail polish everywhere. As I watch New York Fashion Week shows online this evening; the truth is I’m a 6 hour flight away from the Big Apple nibbling on raspberries in Switzerland ready to post about my own ‘office glam‘ tricks.
Last week was all business as my brother and I were near Frankfurt, Germany working on a new collaboration and project with HassiaWaters. Training, meetings, museums, factory tours and business style were in full effect. Here’s 5 Glam Business Style Tricks with long lasting effects for Happy Hour and beyond…
1. Hair Extensions for the Office? ~ When I saw this pony tail, I was inspired to try it myself. The only problem was my hair isn’t long enough. I added some of my new clip-in extensions to create a low pony in less than 5 min. If it’s a conservative style, I say extensions are an ‘office do.’
2. Long Lasting Makeup Trick ~ My fave high-def powder is Make-Up Forever HD. I apply it after foundation, concealer and my eyeshadow. It sets your makeup, even in the heat.
3. A Classic Pencil Skirt ~ Or better yet, this fall, check for a black leather pencil skirt.
4. Light Pink Trend Alert ~ Pale pink is a big trend for fall ’13 making this Banana Republic collared top an easy choice with low tortoise shell heels. I recommend Express and Banana Republic for dress shirts.
5. Cut Cubicle Carbs with H20 ~ As we tried a variety of the mineral waters and sparkling beverages, I avoided a coffee and soda overload.
<BEHIND THE SCENES> with my brother at HassiaWaters International near one of world’s rarest naturally occurring mineral water sources. As soon as the day was complete, I changed tops to transform the look for an evening out to dinner.
Do you have any makeup or style tricks for the office when you’re low on time? Thanks for reading and I hope you’re having a great week! ~xoDale
<Outfit Details> skirt- Anne Klein, heels – Franco Sarto, shades – Prada, top – Banana Republic, bag c/o – Hobo the Original Shop my fave biz styles below…