St. Tropez is a city I’ve never visited and it’s a crazy place! Once we arrived I was like a Curious Little Georgette with so many questions. Tourists were drooling over and snapping pics of yachts lining the port. Other show-offs sped by in Ferrari’s and Rolls Royce’s with blondes half their age beside them. The party seemed never-ending, but the actual tourism season is only June – August. Then St. Tropez, including clubs and hotels, will close til the next year.
We navigated the cobblestone streets throughout the village of St. Tropez nibbling on mediterranean cuisine and making special ice-cream stops. Here’s my top 5 sightseeing style tips for any road trip or getaways as summer comes to a close…
Port of St. Tropez ~ South of France
1. Safety First ~ The streets were lined with every designer store you could image including cafe’s by Dior and a Roberto Cavalli restaurant. But it was still tourist central. To avoid being pick-pocketed on vacays I ditch oversized purses and stick to small crossbody bags which are safer.
2. Messy Hair, Can’t Care ~ On trips when I was younger, I took forever to get ready which is such a waste of time. Rather than blowdrying my locks to watch them frizzz in the humidity, I let them air dry and threw ‘em in a side braid with a clear rubber hair tie.
3. Try at Least 1 Famous Regional Dish ~ I avoided the Foie gras on every French menu and went with ice-cream instead. My favorite flavor was Yoghurt Framboise (raspberry yogurt ice-cream).
4. Travel Alert- Skip the Heels* ~ Flats are comfy and ideal if you can walk in them all day. Check Zara’s ‘end of summer‘ sales for sandals like these studded leopard sandals. *As I learned, wedges are also a total disaster on cobblestone streets.
5. Don’t Forget Postcards ~ I love finding special postcards that match the personalities of my family or friends. Store the addresses in your phone so you can mail them from the actual location which makes it all the more special.
What is one of your must-have travel or beauty items this year?
<DETAILS by Dale> dress & sandals ~ Zara, watch ~ Michael Kors, crossbody bag & sunglasses ~ MANGO, My new FAVE cross bracelet – F21