Styling on a budget? It’s a jungle out there and despite how easy Marshalls and ‘Savvy Fashionista‘ TJMaxx commercials make it look; finding deals takes time and is not always so fun.
How do you mix and match high-end splurges with Forever21 staples? One of my favorite timeless looks is ‘Safari Style’ inspired by neutrals and animal print. Of course there’s no dusty plains, cackling hyenas or slithering snakes roaming the streets of SF. In no particular order, I styled my sister Jody below in a San Francisco last weekend in my top 5 ‘Safari Style’ trends…
1. Find Your Basic Neutrals ~ Maybe it’s an olive green sheath dress. Add a palate of neutral staples from khaki cigarette pants, solid tanks, skirts and blazers.
2. Scrape Up Safari Accessories ~ Always keep an eye out for animal print inspired jewelry from zebra print, rings in ivory shades and elephant earrings like these which are my personal fave.
3. Take a Makeup Risk ~ If your entire outfit is neutral, make your eyes pop with a bright or metallic eyeshadow. This color play creme shadow c/o of Drew Barrymore’s new makeup line called Flower Beauty lasted all day and we loved the rose gold packaging.
4. Try Tortoise Shell Shades ~ Do you normally wear black sunglasses? This Spring try a tortoise shell brown shade which will still match all your outfits but have a natural brown tone flattering against any skin tone.
5. Make Python Print a Priority ~ Snakeskin print is sexy and subtle in neutral tones. Always stick to snakeskin prints for clutches, heels in belts in brown, green or any natural shade.
<DETAILS by Dale> Dress (recent) H&M, necklace (old) – Zara, heels – Gucci (outlet), eyeshadow – Flower Beauty, sunglasses – D&G, ring & cuff – Forever21 (try this Pyramid Stack Bracelet set), clutch – Marc Jakobs
Do you ever dress in ‘Safari Inspired’ looks?