How many times a year do you wake up on Mondays feeling groggy and wishing it was a 3-day weekend? Probably too many to count and after flying back to Switzerland this weekend, I was in the same boat. Jetlag, my sub-par snow attire and chickening out on snowboarding this weekend didn’t provide for a bright and early morning today.
Here’s 5 of my new favorite ways to start the Monday off right so you won’t dread next Sunday evening. From bubbly, beauty tricks that save time, to Monday mantras; let’s get started…
We spent this weekend in Davos, Switzerland. And Now, Monday AM Tips…
1. Fresh Powder Makes a Big Difference ~ If you wear foundation, setting it with loose powder sets it for the day. My two fave loose powders are MAC Mineralize loose powder and Make-UpForever HD powder. If you want to see how to apply it perfectly, check out this Flawless Face How-To video by one of my all-time favorite beauty bloggers, Kandee Johnson.
2. Don’t Get Stuck in a Chapstick Rut ~ Chapped lips are a winter beauty blunder and I think it’s good to switch to a new brand every now and then especially for Carmex addicts. Women at this ski lodge were wearing white chapstick (something I’d never seen before, but apparently it’s popular in Switzerland). My classic fave is Blistex and now this new one below…
3. No Chips & Soft Lips ~ Want to save time & money on beauty? I love these mini Vaseline lip treatments ($1.39) which can double as hand moisturizer. I also just got a Shellac gel manicure for the first time 2 weeks ago and it hasn’t chipped yet.
4. Vow to Conquer a Fear by the End of the Month ~ Now I can say I’ve gone snowblogging, but have yet to actually go snowboarding or skiing in my life. I wimped out, but my goal by the end of March is to actually try it. Make a goal now (it doesn’t have to be a big one) and try to tackle it before April 1st.
5. Celebrate Something by Saturday ~ Sometimes after a hard week at work or even if you get a bit of good news (no matter how small), celebrate with a glass of champagne or two. My favorite sparkling wine at a great price point ~ Roederer Estate
Hope you had a great weekend and if you have any Monday morning tricks to get your week started?