Spring Trend Alert – Tux Style

SS 021913 SpringTrendAlert TuxStyle COVER 1

Tuxedo jackets aren’t just for weddings and awkward prom nights anymore. It’s actually a spring 2013 trend mentioned by InStyle this week. And speaking of weddings, I’m back in N. California frantically hunting for a vineyard venue before the big day in less than 6 months.

I styled my sister, Jody, in this tuxedo style ensemble and wanted to share a bit more about her since she’s my maid of honor. Plus, she’s constantly featured on my blog, and finally diving into the world of social media. Jody, is the head women’s basketball coach at Mendocino College after graduating from Concordia University in Irvine, CA. Last week, she was on the @RichLieberman radio show in the Bay Area discussing her season and her friendships with Monica Quan and Keith Lawrence who were tragically murdered in the LAPD Dorner murder spree. Basketball has always been a huge part of her life…

DSCN58551

Black & White Sidenote ~ The black and white trend is big, but adding a tuxedo style jacket with a bit of color like jewel tones and gold accessories like one of my favorite Lapis Beach cuffs is a simple way to style this.

DSCN5867

About Jody & FiFi ~ My sister, Jody’s, basketball team this year is #1 in the Bay Valley conference and they have a huge game tomorrow at Napa Valley College. Now, she’s publishing news on the team’s Facebook fanpage. Fifi is my little verde FIAT that has been the best car ever in SF and saved me hundreds in parking tickets already. If you want to get one, I have Bay Area FiFi buying tips, just email me at dale202@gmail.com.

DSCN5851

Branching Out into Social Media ~ Besides her new FB page, Jody is also tweeting faux lashes and all. Follow her @CoachSteliga

DSCN5837

How to Wear the Tux Trend ~ It doesn’t have to be for a formal occasion and a tuxedo jacket can be worn with pants, skirts or over a dress.

DSCN5856

<DETAILS by Dale> Blazer (old) – Forever21, top ~ H&M (last Dec.), Black pants ~ Forever21 (similar cropped ones HERE), heels- Zara, Nail polish – Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, cuff ~ Lapis Beach, Special thanks to my sister Jody

Would you wear a tuxedo style jacket to a non-formal event?

~xoDale

13 comments on “Spring Trend Alert – Tux Style
  1. Lindsay says:

Fabulous outfits! I seriously need those pants. I like that the tuxedo jacket is white, too, instead of black. It makes it unexpected.

2. Niki says:

Gorgeous outfit! I love the tux inspiration!

3. Huong says:

What a great look you styled! I love how the jacket pops with the black and bordeaux!

Pink Carnations

4. LOVE this outfit, Dale…and your cute little FiFi too!! Congrats to Jody on her team’s success this season. We wish them the best!! Go get ‘em!

xo ~
    Mendi & Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

5. Andrea says:

She’s so beautiful and stylish! I have the same blouse, and I usually style it similarly :) Nice!! xx
    Andrea in Fashion

6. Oh to Be a Muse says:

So cool that she is getting into social media. Loving the faux lashes, the tuxedo jacket, the pants and that cute bracelet.

7. Diva In Me says:

You make the tux look so casual and if I would style it like you, yea, I wouldn’t mind wearing it everyday to work =D

8. Cee says:

This look is just beautiful – and so is your sister! I’ve been on the hunt for my perfect tuxedo jacket for a while now, but of all the ways I had envsioned wearing it, with an oxblood blouse wasn’t one of them. Thanks for the inspiration :)
    xox,
    Cee

9. lawyerdoll says:

There is not a single element of this outfit that I don’t like… so sophisticated and not the least bit stuffy. It’s perfect for a cocktail party… just divine!

10. Luce says:

Wow! I hadn’t had a chance to swing by in a while and so many things have happened! Congratulations on the engagement and 6 months??!!! OMG. I imagine that this will be a destination wedding for many members of his family (since it will be in SF), You want some help with the Save the Dates, and wedding invites? e-mail me, I could help…. houseofhemingway@gmail.com

Good luck with everything!

11. Michelle says:

That gold bracelet is so pretty, it balances out the sexy pants and heels! You look gorgeous x

12. mili says:

I definitely need to get in on this trend. Love your blazer!

Mili from call me, Maeby

13. Aki! says:

Love the trend mixing perfection. I’m super excited to do black and white.