That’s a title I never expected to be posting when I started this blog two years ago this week. But Friday night in Switzerland I got engaged to Jakob! Because I’ve never shared anything super personal like this; I figured it would be best to answer the most commonly asked questions I’ve had in the last 48 hours. Here’s a little fiancé FAQ and a ‘Behind the Scenes‘ look going to Frankfurt, Germany this weekend to meet Jakob’s parents.
1. How did you meet? On Halloween 2012, Jakob was on holiday visiting his cousins in SF. His cousin happened to be friends and live next-door to my bff/tennis parter (aka MickSavvy). I was exhausted, but Mick convinced me to go out for Halloween . He also invited Jakob to come enjoy one of his last few nights in SF before returning to Switzerland (where he lives). It was a Halloween masquerade party and we hit it off instantly! He was a total gentleman and walked me home in the pouring rain in San Francisco that night without an umbrella. As we were holding hands, getting drenched in the rain and laughing like 5-year-olds; I knew I had to see him again. And I did the next four days. Fast forward to the ‘Savvy Sleepers Euro Tour‘ in Nov/Dec. which is when I fell for him.
<Brunch with his parents in Frankfurt. Special thanks to his dad taking these pics>
2. ‘You met him 3 months ago, isn’t that a little fast?’ The answer to this one is simple for me. When I instagrammed this photo right after he proposed, I wrote ‘True Love Is Like an Instagram Filter. When You Find the Right One, You Just Know.” Sure, you may give ‘Valencia‘ a glance, kick it with ‘Kelvin,’ or hit up ‘Hefe,’ but when you find the perfect one, you know. Plus, it’s not like we’re pulling a ‘Khloe & Lamar‘ 1 month courtship or a ‘fake Kim,‘ and we’re old enough to know what we’re doing. #YOLO 😉
<Facebook Official Means Lots of Phone Calls & Texts>
3. How did he propose? I had just landed in Zurich, Switzerland Friday night. As we were driving to his place from the airport, he asked if I was tired. “I feel good, I just need to post a new blog about how-to-wear capes,” I said. ‘Okay,’ he laughed. A few minutes after arriving, he made us my favorite cocktail (Crown & Coke). After a couple sips sitting next to each other with candles lit; I could tell he was acting weird. He said he had something for me and couldn’t wait any longer. Then he reached down and picked up a little box. He got down on one knee and said he wanted me to be his wife and asked ‘Will You Marry Me?’ After a three second pause for added suspense I said, “Yesss!” Then we went to dinner and I don’t think I’ve ever smiled so much in that 90 minutes. Needless to say, the ‘cape post‘ got postponed.
<Sipping Tea while Jakob called his Grandpa in Poland to Share the Good News>
4. When is the Wedding? This August in N. Californial! All I know at this point is I want an extensive ‘Candy Bar’ for guests. The next 6 months are going to be crazy! Please email or comment with any blogs, magazines or advice you recommend if you’ve helped plan a wedding or have any good suggestions. I need them. 🙂
<Back in the Day (Nov. ’12) in Milan, Italy>
5. (PS ~ Thank You) ~ I really appreciate all of the congratulations, nice texts, emails and messages the past couple days. I’m so excited to have all of you be a part of my life. Thanks for reading!