Fuschia Friday! It’s Your Carrie Bradshaw Moment

Carrie Diaries Savvy Spice fashion blog

‘Sex and the City’ re-runs do it. So does Gossip Girl. Celebs and top fashion bloggers can be even worse. I’m talking about drooling over their out-of-reach head-to-toe designer outfits. Louboutin lust and moments of ‘high-end design envy‘ happens to women every day, especially fashionistas. It’s natural to desire designer bags, $900 heels, or a $2K party dress, but it’s also a bit unrealistic for most of us. Plus, money can buy a Celine, but it doesn’t really boost self-esteem. Or at least that’s what I tell myself. icon smile

If you’re into fashion; sometimes you just want a little ‘Insert Your Favorite Designer HERE‘ to make your wardrobe complete. While I’d never advocate freezing your charge cards to look hot for a night in a Dolce and Gabbana gown; there are a few tricks to score high-end gems for less I’ll show on my sister, Jody, below…

IMG 0124

The Trick to Faking a Designer Look ~ Go with solids! They look clean, simple and classic compared to busy patterns. Look for quality and nothing too trendy. This fuschia pea-coat is 6-years-old but it’s doesn’t fade or gather lint. Plus, the fully lined, bright shade seems to cylce through the cold seasons year after year paired with black.

IMG 0115

What to Buy When You’re Ready to Splurge? ~ If you saved up to buy a designer bag, consider a clutch or wallet. They’re less expensive and will likely last much longer through seasons. Also, try vintage high-end designs or find mega deals. Jennifer at Just Add Glam is a pro at this. Check out her newest post mixing F21, TopShop and a Valentino Aphrodite handbag 50% off at Neiman Marcus. Score!

IMG 0113

Missoni for Target is still Missoni ~ Sure, the crowds get crazy at designer collaborations in H&M & Target. While the quality isn’t as high; knowing you found a signature piece by a fave designer for under $20 (like this beanie) is still a good feeling.

four leaf clover bracelet

Exclusive Doesn’t Mean Expensive ~ This four leaf clover bracelet by Cruciani made in Italy is very popular throughout Europe. Fashionistas want every color and design ranging from $8-$15 on average. I saw them featured blogs from Italy I follow like Lilli of Candy & Style and The Blonde Salad. Start the trend in your city by wearing them to school or in your blog! Cruciani is expanding to the US soon….

IMG 0121

<DETAILS by Dale> Jacket (old) ~ New York & Co., black skinny jeans ~ Forever21, wallet ~ Chanel, beanie ~ Missoni for Target, bracelet ~ Cruciani, watch ~ Croton

So if you were Carrie Bradshaw for a day and could have any designer item you desired; who and what would you buy? Heels, a handbag or a dress?

Have a great weekend and if you’re a SATC superfan, the ‘Carrie Diaries’ debuts Monday on the CW. ~xoDale

Find me on Twitter & Facebook

25 comments on “Fuschia Friday! It’s Your Carrie Bradshaw Moment
  1. I like that you went for the solid pea coat. You’re right that solid colors like this fuchsia make things look more expensive. And I love designer collaborations–it doesn’t make the piece any less designer…just less expensive. Jody looks great~

2. Lindsay says:

I would have bought a white lace Valentino dress for my wedding. It’s ridiculously expensive, but the lace and the vintage style would have fit my wedding day perfectly. Love the pink coat!

3. Lilli says:

The jacket is so cute, love the color! Kisses! xo

4. lawyerdoll says:

I really love your sister’s whole look here!

I keep an eye out for a good, solid color coat, but I haven’t found one yet. I have a lovely black wool/cashmere coat I bought in Munich years ago, but it doesn’t fit now :(

I also had an Air Force Academy dress uniform frock coat I got a a garage sale for $10, it had amazing brass buttons, and slashes inside pockets so I could get to my pants packets. Unfortunately, it got moldy in my basement *sobbing guts out* because someone, whose name shall remain “Hubby”, just got impatient and tossed a bunch of stuff down there willy-nilly. He’s lucky I love him!

• Dale Janee says:

Oh no, that’s the worst when clothes get ruined like that. You’re a nice wife to be so forgiving. :) Thanks for sharing and sounds like you have an eye for designer pieces so I’m sure you’ll find more soon

5. Michelle says:

I cant wait for the Carrie Diaries to come out – perfect night in with the girls!
    That jacket looks great on you, hot colour and definately a statement piece x

6. Mira says:

That´s an awesome look. Esp love the jacket and the bracelet. Let´s see if I can get one too. Of course I love designer bags and clothes but I can live without them cos there are so many gorgeous less expensive things out there :-)
    xo

7. lisa says:

love this post dale! your sister looks fab.. and i totally agree with all of your points!! you know i love my designer things.. but i keep them to my purses and shoes.. most of my wardrobe is from forever 21! so i totally agree with this post 110% hehehe. i lovee that fuchsia peacoat.. can’t believe you’ve had it for 6 years that’s an amazing investment! it looks brand new!! … and you KNOW i love that chanel wallet muhahaha..

oh no!! i’m going to be in texas all feb :( i’m so sorry!! argh!! please let me know when you go back in the future i should be there the rest of this year!!

• Dale Janeé says:

Hey Lisa, thanks and I know you’re a mega Chanel fan from your blog hehe. How fun you’re going to Texas, can’t wait to see your posts from there

Have a great time
      ~Dale

8. I love this color, it’s so bright and fun and girly. Your hat is so cute!

xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

9. Yulia says:

you look just so cute and nice<3
    kisses

love, Yulia

10. Dale, I would’ve never guessed that peacoat would be 6 years old. It looks brand new. I love solid colors. They do go further than a print. A peacoat is always classic. Love the accessories you added here too. It definitely makes sense.

11. Niki says:

These are all fabulous tips! Your sister looks great – I love that pea coat, and it’s so true that a great solid van get us through years of wear! I have to go check out Just Add Glam – I’m dying to see her looks! Have a great day!

xo Niki

12. lucy says:

You look great! I love your pics ;)))

13. Sonia says:

I feel like I’ve been getting too much blog envy of late! Seeing all those gorgeous Proenza Schouler bags floating around has been hard for me… The price itself is a little steep plus to buy it online from overseas I’ll still get stuck with hundreds extra on tax so it’s just not worth it :o( I have to say I love all those fabulous Target collabs with designers and hate people who dismiss it because it’s ‘Target’. It’s still the designer, designing and creating for Target but half the price!

SDMxx

• Dale Janeé says:

Thanks Sonia and I didn’t realize they charge that much from overseas on the tax, that’s definitely way too much $. Glad you like the Target collabs too. Hehe