How to Sparkle on a Budget in Vegas this Winter

SS 121812 Vegas COVER

The holidays are a time for giving; not gambling. Right? While a Sin City excursion may seem like a total budget buster this month, December (excluding NYE) through February are actually some of the most affordable times to plan a Vegas vacation. In case you need a last minute 21 and over present idea. icon wink

The off-season means you can get a major deal on rooms and shows, plus enjoy the nightlife without sweating your foundation off in the summer desert heat. Here’s a few tips if you want to jet-set to Vegas on a budget this winter and how to maximize the wear-ability of those sparkly dresses in your closet deemed NYE rejects…

DSCN9868

How to Make Vegas Potion ~ Whenever I’m going on a trip I take one of the little travel containers and fill it half way with Cocoa Butter lotion, then 3 sprays of Sally Hansen leg spray, 2 dollops of shimmer lotion, and 1 squeeze of Loreal Sublime Bronze lotion. I shake it, and apply to my arms, legs & back. It’s the mix that will keep you bronzed, silky smooth and glowing all night. Plus, if you bought all these on the strip at Walgreens, you’d spend at least $50.

DSCN9867

My New Favorite Hotel in Vegas ~ The Vdara is new, modern and stylish next to the Aria. Plus, it’s completely non-smoking and the chevron print decor is so fashion forward. Sign up for any newer hotels’ emails and follow them on twitter so you know when they’re offering specials.

DSCN9851

Jackpot Tricks to Planning in Vegas ~ The hotels on the strip are spread out and you can spend hundreds on taxis staying in a bad location. My best advice to save yourself an initial headache is to plan your hotel and entertainment near each other. The Vdara is located in the City Center next to Marquee nightclub in the Cosmopolitan. We saw the newest Cirque du Soleil show  Zarkana c/o MGM Resorts in the Aria right next door. The quality of the acts, stage and decor in Zarkana were stunning and unique compared to every other Cirque show I’ve seen.

DSCN9872

How to Pull an ‘All-Nighter’ ~ I recently discovered All Nighter Makeup Setting spray by Urban Decay in travel size for $12 and I love it. I lightly spray my face after my makeup is completely done. It’s hypoallergenic and claims to keep your makeup in place for 16 hours (aka 3 hours in Vegas time). The full 4 oz size is also available here.

DSCN9862

<DETAILS by Dale> Dress (kinda recent) ~ H&M,Clutch (recent) & heels (old) ~ F21, (Sidenote) ~ Emerald Green is the HOT color for 2013.

Are you planning any get-aways after the holiday season?

~xoDale

14 comments on “How to Sparkle on a Budget in Vegas this Winter
  1. Rachel says:

You have no idea how excited I am about these tips!! I’m always looking for tricks like this. That little bronzing lotion potion is just genius, and a makeup setting spray? I’m definitely going to consider buying. I’m actually going to Vegas next month, but it’s for work not play :/

xo
    Rachel

• Dale Janeé says:

Hi Rachel, Yes your makeup is always perfect on your blog but I think you’ll love the setting spray. Have fun in Vegas next month eventhough it’s for work :(

2. John says:

Great Post!! Vegas is always a good time!

3. AnnChic says:

Thanks for follow me!!
    I love your dress, you really have style.
    greetings from Madrid

4. Sequins are definitely the “it” dress for NYE, but I really like that your dress is emerald. That really stands out, even in Vegas.

5. Susie says:

I love the idea of a Vegas vacation this time of year – I’ve only been in the summer, and I was most certainly sweating my makeup off!

Sea and Swank

6. Kim says:

These are great tips Dale! I’ve heard nothing but wonderful things about these hotels. I stayed at The Venetian two years ago and loved it. FABULOUS green dress! You look awesome!

• Dale Janeé says:

Thanks Kim and that’s so fun you stayed at the Venetian, that was the first hotel I ever stayed at in Vegas. Definitely try Vdara or the Aria next time you go :)

7. Marina says:

Dale you always have the most perfect tips!! LOVE THEM and thank you so much for sharing and by the way you’re looking absolutely stunning on that gorgeous dress. The color, fit are perfection on you. LOVE everything.

<3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

8. april says:

love that emerald dress..i just bought one too but not sequined but i love the emerald color of the dress..beautiful, great post

1 Pings/Trackbacks for "How to Sparkle on a Budget in Vegas this Winter"
  1. [...] a travel container of my Vegas Potion (aka Sally Hansen, Cocoa Butter & Shimmer.) Recipe HERE. Thanks for [...]