It’s almost that time of year again. Have you noticed holiday decor creeping into stores before Halloween has hit and now is when I start cutting back on frivolous credit card swipes in order to save for the Gift Giving season. When a leather jacket or oxblood peplum party dress is calling your name at Bloomy’s; walking away is never easy, but it’s the fiscally responsible thing to do for your wallet.
As daylight savings is rapidly approaching and the holiday shopping insanity is just around the corner; here’s 5 ways to pamper yourself throughout Autumn without breaking the bank before New Years…
1. Would you Own 10 Pairs of the Same Jeans? Probably not, but I have about 10 pairs of these skinny jeans above. Why? Because they’re $10.80 at Forever21 and I wear them A LOT. Plus, that’s still less than 1 pair of Sevens. These dark denim jeans last for years, don’t stretch out or fade, and they come in varying lengths perfect for fall with flats, oxfords or under boots.
2. Autumn Up-Keep for Hair ~ If my hair is feeling ‘blah’ after that 6 week mark, I’ll make an appointment with Curtis at Pitch Salon in SF and get partial highlights which are less expensive. Also, if you have bangs, check with your stylist. Hair salons often offer complimentary bang trims in between cuts and use a bit of Moroccan Oil for added shine.
3. Brighter Budget-Friendly Smile ~ Although dark lipstick (like I’m wearing) tends to make teeth look more dull, if you want to boost and whiten your smile for upcoming holiday parties and Halloween, I recommend Crest White Strips Advanced Seal ($34.99) (used exactly as directed) and I also use whitening floss. Your smile will be brighter and whiter within a week.
4. Penny-Pincher Prepster Style ~ Oxfords are comfy and classic, plus I recently discovered this “About Me” brand for under $40 in brown & navy at Nordstrom Rack. They are much higher quality than my oxfords in my Spring Prepster Look. (Style Tip~ The About Me brand runs very small, so get them in 1 whole size up)
5. How to Fall for Coffee all over Again ~ I love how coffee shops have holiday specials like Salted Caramel and you may have heard about the recent Starbucks Pumpkin Spice shortage craze. Instead of ‘going out’ for coffee every day, brew your fave blend at home and make special coffee dates with a friend or your own ‘mental break’ in an actual coffee shop each week. Escape work and the chilly weather. This saves money and you’ll look forward to savoring those caffeinated moments, instead of sipping through a daily routine.
DETAILS by Dale
Denim ~ Forever 21 Classic Skinny jeans here, oxfords ~ About Me (Nordstrom Rack), white shirt ~ Banana Republic, Watch ~ Michael Kors, vest ~ vintage from my Grandpa
Do you have any beauty or fashion tips that saves money like a favorite drug store makeup?