Did you ever see Stephen King’s 90′s horror film Trucks? Or what about 1997′s Breakdown starring Kurt Russell. Thanks to these movies I was terrified of tractor trailers for years. This brings me to a close encounter with a vintage big-rig up in the country recently in a deserted (or so I thought) industrial park. Here’s my sister below in 5 trends this fall that are still hot this spring with staying power that have already lasted for decades…
The Scene ~ Redwood Valley, CA. We noticed a couple drivers next to their big rigs as well pulled into the industrial park. I asked if it’d be alright to take photos for an outfit post on my fashion blog. They looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language, but then one said, “You know, my truck is more vintage from the 70′s. You should use that as your background,” as he pointed to the one below. He was right. Now onto the trends and trucks…
1. The Trench ~ Tan, navy, black or this season try a military trench or one with leather details.
2. A Classic Hat ~ I’ve featured Goorin Bros. hats often in the past because they have a cool retro vibe and enough styles to suit everyone’s style. But this vintage hat was my grandpa’s from the 50′s.
3. Stripes ~ Every season, every era, stripes are classically cool. Striped cotton tops are also a layering staple for men and women in the fall. I don’t normally mix stripes with floral, but if they’re in the same color family, feel free to take a risk then keep the jacket, accessories and shoes solid.
4. Menswear Inspired Pieces ~ Throughout the decades from ties, blazers and oxfords like these, women have been stylishly infusing menswear into their wardrobes.
5. The Pencil Skirt ~ From Mad Men (Back April 7th) to every fashion magazine lately, it’s clear pencil skirts are ‘In.’ I realized I had this floral skirt from H&M and never wore it this summer. If you have a summery skirt, you can still wear it in the fall making sure all of the other outfit details are ‘cool weather trends’ like a scarf, trench, or pair it over tights with boots.
<DETAILS by Dale> Hat ~ vintage, shades ~ RayBan, top ~ random ROSS (similar here), skirt (old) ~ H&M, Trench ~ Calvin Klein, handbag ~ Michael Kors, oxfords ~ About Me
Do you have a long lasting trend that has stuck in your wardrobe season after season?