Unisex Fashion Alert! Feast Your Eyes on Chubbies Shorts…

Chubbies+shorts,+Savvy+Spice+fashion+blog,+Dale+Janee+Steliga,+short+shorts+for+guys,

Only a men’s clothing company could get away with naming its line ‘Chubbies.‘ Can you imagine women going gaga over brands like J. ChubChubbyGirl Margaritas or Christian ChuboutinsProbably Not. So what are Chubbies? They are a new brand of men’s short shorts based out of San Francisco known for their vibrant colors, elastic waistband and a huge following thanks to their genius marketing.

The Chubbies phenomenon is growing and they’re selling out of the thigh baring shorts faster than you can say “Whoa, that’s a lotta leg.”While the style may be a bit too frat-boyish/80’s country club chic for you; these shorts are super comfortable and an instant statement-maker. Plus, this post is the perfect opportunity to explore unisex styles as I aimed to feminize a mens collared shirt & Chubbies shorts with pops of pink & girly accessories…

Guy Style Featuring my Brother
Savvy+Spice,+Drew+Steliga+Chubbies+Shorts,+brown+loafers,+Celebrity+Style+for+less.

Can All Guys Wear Chubbies Shorts? ~ Pretty Much, but not all will. My brother Drew, who’s essentially Scott Disick Jr. in terms of style is a perfect preppy candidate for Chubbies. I’ve mentioned in the past I know plenty of guys who are a little insecure about their thighs and may shy away from Chubbies. If you fall into that category, Don’t be, women love guys’ legs! I guarantee you’ll get more smiles, giggles & FB friend requests after a day out in Chubbies compared to a pair of dark wash Sevens. However, they might look a little awkward on any guy with really long legs. I can’t picture Lebron sporting these.

Style tip ~ Wear Chubbies with solid or bright collared shirts, polos, or V-Necks. Then pair them with neutral loafers (like this Mezlan pair) or boat shoes, no socks needed. If you’re worried your thighs have a major farmer tan from afternoons spent in cargo or boardshorts, I have a Men’s Self-Tanning Special Video coming soon.

DETAILS by Dale

Shorts ~c/o Chubbies, Crossbody bag~ Tyler Rodan, Shirt ~ Abercrombie & Fitch, shoes ~Sperry Topsider, Neon prayer bracelets c/o 33Knots , Book ~ Cupcakes & Cashmere, Nails ~ OPI “If You Moust, You Moust”

If you want to get your thighs in a pair of Chubbies, sign up for their free newsletter HERE or Follow them on Twitter @Chubbies to know as soon as they’re re-stocked.

Women Wearing Mens Shorts ~ A Do or a Don’t? ~ Women have been wearing men’s Levi’s cut-offs for decades, but what about other styles? Cargos are out of the question. Chubbies are perfect because while they’re menswear, but they’re still short enough for women to style confidently without giving off that “walk of shame” vibe. They were featured on the Today Show recently showing how women can wear men’s styles this summer…

Have you seen Chubbies Shorts in your city this summer and what is your favorite menswear item if you have one?

~xoDale

Follow @Savvy_Spice or Like SavvySpice on Facebook for Fashion Events & New Style Alerts

Tagged with: , , , , , , ,
45 comments on “Unisex Fashion Alert! Feast Your Eyes on Chubbies Shorts…
  1. So Simply Chic says:

Emily’s book is so great! I pre-ordered it on Amazon when she announced it on her blog. But I love these shorts as well!!

Xoxo

2. Alisa Marie says:

I haven’t heard of chubbies, they look really cute on you! I just bought some pink, white and green sperrys yesterday, unfortunately full price from Nordstrom :(

3. Cathy says:

Never heard of Chubbies, but I absolutely love this post and the way they look on you AND your brother! (Your brother soooo looks like Mr. Disick…lol)! Thanks for the Chubbies intro!

4. Have not heard of Chubbies! But you look absolutely great in them! I think I prefer them on women though instead of men. Not sure if I could see my man wearing these LOL.

5. Jay says:

Your bro looks good, but I think these chubbies really suit larger/athletic guys with big thighs.

Good thing your bro has the legs to pull of the shorts. :)

6. the creation of beauty is art. says:

They look absolutely adorable! I love the style of these shorts!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

7. The Little Texan says:

Okay fell in love with these shorts as I scrolled down the post then only to read they’re sold out, bah!! Guess I’ll have to wait until more are available. Patiently waiting…

8. rooth says:

Wowee that’s a lot of thigh. Good thing those guys are tone and don’t have that awkward farmer’s tan. They probably look right on the right guys. I can’t see stick skinny men getting away with them

9. GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle says:

lol. What a fun post. I think the shorts looks way better on you.
    Beauty and Fashion in Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

10. Ashley Aspinwall says:

love the stripes on stripes and how you styled the boys :)

xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

SideSmile Style Blog

11. bridechic says:

Love your opening line! I’m not a big fan of shorts on guys. I always thought–no guy over eight can get away with wearing them . . .
    oxoxox
    Amy

12. Antonella C'est moi says:

Love your opening line!!!kiss kiss

13. Katie Frank says:

your shoes are super cute <3

14. Audrey Leighton says:

Love the shorts…so cute!

Be Frassy

15. Tiffany M* says:

Love the shorts and those shoes are so fun!
    beijos,
    Tiffany

16. Leslie says:

These look perfect Dale! I must look into the shorts.. and the book! I’ll pop over to her blog!

So funny about the sewage comment! Glad you found a nice spot for pictures :)

Dale, I will be shopping for knee high/over the knee boots for the Fall. Do you have any recommendations?

leslie

• Dale Janeé says:

Hi Leslie,
      Thanks so much and I have found good luck with Report Signature or Report Shoes over the knee boots the past couple years

17. Lauren says:

Great post!

Lauren,
    Fashionswirls.blogspot.com

18. Margarida Reis says:

your shoes are so cute!

19. Jess says:

The outfit is amazing :) love the pink accents!!

xo
    - J

20. Timna says:

Ooooh your pink shoes are so cute! :)

xx Timna
    timnalovescouture.blogspot.com

21. Rachel Jensen {Da Paura ♥} says:

The shorts look so cute on you and the pink accents are amazing!

22. Katie says:

i love your outfit – those shorts are so cute! and love the flower on your shirt!

23. Diana Marks says:

great photos! love the way you look!
    Please support my up and coming blog about life and fashion in Los Angeles by following it on Bloglovin ;) I will follow back ;)

LA By Diana Live Magazine

24. look-scout says:

Unisex shorts: DO!!! Love this post and your style :) Really amazing!!!

look-scout.blogspot.com/

25. SewPetiteGal says:

Love your outfit – especially those hot pink Sperrys!

26. Clara Turbay says:

Amazing and inspiring proposals!

27. Maria Camila says:

This is just too cute, love it!

Xo, adropofbliss.blogspot.com

28. Paulina Mo says:

AWW wish I lived in SF so I could go to the event!! … I love your shorts and the shoes are adorable… and the men shorts= amazingness! how you convinced them to do that is beyond me! mad props! lol
    ~Pau

29. Hmm!!Chubbies sounds good never heard before..it simply looks adorable on boys as well as on girls also…now I am agree with the statement that Boys also looks Good in shorts.

30. Clara Turbay says:

This blog is really lovely, I always find good ideas here.

31. TheUrbanUmbrella says:

Super cute, you look gorgeous and the guys look fierce!

Bree from
    The Urban Umbrella

32. Chuboutins, lol! I love it. I actually think these shorts look pretty great on you. Maybe you’re one of the few who can pull them off. Love those loafers! I’m happy that Cupcakes and Cashmere got a book deal, but I’ve read reviews online that the book isn’t really that good. Anyhoo, I might see you at the Passport to Rio event!

• Dale Janeé says:

Hi Cheryl,
      Yea, I’m surprised it’s getting bad reviews, it’s a very similar style to her blog and it seems like people were wanting something different. Thanks so much about the shorts and I definitely think women can pull them off…I’ll let you know if I can make it to the Passport event. I might be out of town. :)

33. ellakii sedgwick says:

sweetie you look stunning many kisses from,

34. oh my goodness, those shorts could not be cuter. You look amazing, love. xo

35. looking very pretty!

36. Ted Ellis says:

I wear girl shorts all the time to public places except school. I lost a bet with my older sister and had to wear her old short denim shorts to the woods behind my house. A lot of people looked at me or laughed. But what I noticed was the shorts were really comfortable my sister ended up giving up her hand me down denim shorts and her running shorts I wear her tight denim shorts and her other shorts all the time in the park in the Summer

37. Law Practice Professionals says:

Numerous an audio stage created I’m certain that you’ll obtain lots of people who want to tone of voice their own viewpoint because properly, thanks for the time allocated to this particular.