You just woke up with a splitting headache and less than 30 minutes to get out of the house. How do you pull yourself together without feeling too frazzled? I’ll share some tips for those days that start off with you not wanting to get out of bed for one reason or another, plus a look into the hottest nail shades now that it’s officially SUMMER…
7 Tips to Cure a Horrible Morning
1. Keep an eye mask in the freezer at all times. Ice wrapped in a napkin works in a pinch, but if you wake up with swollen eyes, a cool compress held under your eyes for 5 minutes works wonders.
2. Shower~Cocoa Butter~Coffee in that order. A quick shower will wake you up, slathering cocoa butter lotion on your skin will keep you silky smooth plus the scent is surprisingly refreshinging (like a 2 second vacay to Hawaii), then start sipping a strong cup of coffee. (I recommend Philz if you’re in SF)
3. If your eyes just feel tired or have dark circles, concealer is a MUST. (I don’t judge guys for wearing it either). I prefer Laura Mercier, Cargo, or MAC depending on skin types.
4. The Magazine Model Trick ~ Notice how they often have a bit of shimmer on the inside corner of their eyes? You can achieve the same look and it instatntly makes eyes look more awake adding a bit of MAC Cosmetics loose pigment
5. Massage Time ~ If you don’t have in-house massage benefits (like Google offices) keep an eye out for daily deals like Groupon. If you have a little surplus of coupons, schedule a massage later in the day it will help your work day go smoother.
6. The Hat Trick ~ Fedoras are very popular for men & women. Take advantage of these on bad hair days.
7. Mani/Pedi Please ~ There is nothing more relaxing than a summer lunch break or after work mani/pedi. Nail salons often offer mid-day deals during weekdays.
Let’s Talk Nails
Go Bold or Go Nude ~ There was a huge range of nail polish shades that were “in style” for spring ranging from bright, neutrals or pastels. Or try a sparkly blue if you like your nails festive for the 4th of July.
Neutral Wedges Paired with Polish ~ The easiest sandal options that will match any outfit are neutral or metallic wedges, but they look so much better with a bright summery polish on your toes. I went OPI (Kiss Me on my Tulips) Wedges~ (Franco Sarto) handbag (Jason Wu for Target)
Desperate Housewives may be over BUT….Wisteria Lane still exists~ I recently partnered with Pinkies Nail Salons located all over the Bay Area. Their location I visited on Potrero Hill for a complimentary Deluxe Pedi overlooking SF not only had plenty of (free) parking, the adorable decor reminded me of a TV show set. It’s the perfect location for a relaxing mani/pedi or your own private nail spa for a group celebrating a bachelorette party or birthday. Become a Pinkie’s VIP with a discount HERE (Outfit denim top~ F21, white skirt ~ Express (old)
Splash your Toes in Summer’s Hottest Nail Shades ~ Essie consistently creates some of my favorite colors and I can’t wait to try these this summer. Left to Right (Fear or Desire, Off the Shoulder, Cascade Cool, Bikini So Teeny, & Mojito Madness) pic via Twenty2
I follow a lot of nail blogs and I’m so impressed with how many bloggers are so on top of every nail trend including designs & nail art. I often add favorites to my “Nait It” board on Pinterest for inspiration. What nail shades are you most exicted to try this summer and do you have any morning beauty tricks that help you through a bad day?
I’m always curious to learn more.
Summer Series Coming Tomorrow~ “Romancing Your Style” including red wine, cuffs and plenty of lace.