facebook
SHOP SAVVY SLEEPERS
Anti-aging Satin Pillowcases for Hair, Skin & Lashes
ABOUT ME

Summer Nail Polish Alert Plus 7 Beauty Tips to Cure a Horrible Morning

You just woke up with a splitting headache and less than 30 minutes to get out of the house. How do you pull yourself together without feeling too frazzled? I’ll share some tips for those days that start off with you not wanting to get out of bed for one reason or another, plus a look into the hottest nail shades now that it’s officially SUMMER…
7 Tips to Cure a Horrible Morning
1. Keep an eye mask in the freezer at all times. Ice wrapped in a napkin works in a pinch, but if you wake up with swollen eyes, a cool compress held under your eyes for 5 minutes works wonders.
2. Shower~Cocoa Butter~Coffee in that order. A quick shower will wake you up, slathering cocoa butter lotion on your skin will keep you silky smooth plus the scent is surprisingly refreshinging (like a 2 second vacay to Hawaii), then start sipping a strong cup of coffee. (I recommend Philz if you’re in SF
3. If your eyes just feel tired or have dark circles, concealer is a MUST. (I don’t judge guys for wearing it either). I prefer Laura Mercier, Cargo, or MAC depending on skin types.
4. The Magazine Model Trick ~ Notice how they often have a bit of shimmer on the inside corner of their eyes? You can achieve the same look and it instatntly makes eyes look more awake adding a bit of MAC Cosmetics loose pigment
5. Massage Time ~ If you don’t have in-house massage benefits (like Google offices) keep an eye out for daily deals like Groupon. If you have a little surplus of coupons, schedule a massage later in the day it will help your work day go smoother.
6. The Hat Trick ~ Fedoras are very popular for men & women. Take advantage of these on bad hair days.
7. Mani/Pedi Please ~ There is nothing more relaxing than a summer lunch break or after work mani/pedi. Nail salons often offer mid-day deals during weekdays.
Let’s Talk Nails
Go Bold or Go Nude ~ There was a huge range of nail polish shades that were “in style” for spring ranging from bright, neutrals or pastels. Or try a sparkly blue if you like your nails festive for the 4th of July.
Neutral Wedges Paired with Polish ~ The easiest sandal options that will match any outfit are neutral or metallic wedges, but they look so much better with a bright summery polish on your toes. I went OPI (Kiss Me on my Tulips) Wedges~ (Franco Sarto) handbag (Jason Wu for Target)
Desperate Housewives may be over BUT….Wisteria Lane still exists~ I recently partnered with Pinkies Nail Salons located all over the Bay Area. Their location I visited on Potrero Hill for a complimentary Deluxe Pedi overlooking SF not only had plenty of (free) parking, the adorable decor reminded me of a TV show set. It’s the perfect location for a relaxing mani/pedi or your own private nail spa for a group celebrating a bachelorette party or birthday. Become a Pinkie’s VIP with a discount HERE (Outfit denim top~ F21, white skirt ~ Express (old)
Splash your Toes in Summer’s Hottest Nail Shades ~ Essie consistently creates some of my favorite colors and I can’t wait to try these this summer. Left to Right (Fear or Desire, Off the Shoulder, Cascade Cool, Bikini So Teeny, & Mojito Madness) pic via Twenty2
I follow a lot of nail blogs and I’m so impressed with how many bloggers are so on top of every nail trend including designs & nail art. I often add favorites to my “Nait It” board on Pinterest for inspiration. What nail shades are you most exicted to try this summer and do you have any morning beauty tricks that help you through a bad day?
I’m always curious to learn more.
~xoDale
Summer Series Coming Tomorrow~ “Romancing Your Style” including red wine, cuffs and plenty of lace.

Comments

1. Worthington says:

I really love Bikini so Teeny. I got it from being a member of Klout and it was one of my Perks. It is a WONDERFUL color. And I normally don’t skew from pinks!

2. any tips for nail biters? if only i had beautiful nails to wear those beautiful colours 🙂

Escape

• OOh that’s tough. I don’t know what will make you stop except stuff I know parents can put on kids hands that tastes bad, but I don’t know if they still make it 🙂 I still think short nails look good painted so just paint them anyway hehe

3. That's My Mama says:

Fear or desire and Mojito Madness are my faves! I just bought some similar colors (sally hansen). Thanks for the tips! You would think that at my age Id know something about concealer but havent a clue smh!

4. Tara {The Silver Lining} says:

You look adorable in your summer outfight with your brightly painted nails! Can I ask wear your nude wedges are from? I love them!

5. these all make me so happy 🙂 but, without coffee in me first, i fear a morning shower could be dangerous for me…

6. Some excellent tips!

7. Loving the shoes and the nail color. By the way, I have that same Jason Wu bag. 🙂

8. Kathleen Lisson says:

I agree with tip number 6 – wear a hat!

9. Dale, I’ve painted my nails bright orange and a bright turquoise in the last two weeks and felt pretty glam because of it (until it all started chipping)

10. sonia de macedo says:

Love these tips, will have to make time for massage or two every now and then. Also love the green Essie shade!

Have a lovely day
    SDMxx
    Daring Coco

11. great tips and I love the nail polishes you picked out

12. the creation of beauty is art. says:

Some great tips – thanks for those! Love the nail polish colours! They are so fun!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

13. I had a headache too!! Boo! Super cute outfit and great tips!!

14. Great post and I have yet to try Essie brand, but really want to! I am actually going to give myself a quick manicure tonight! This just gave me a kick to do it! xx, Pip

15. i.ikeda says:

I’ve been trying to psyche myself up for a go for a bolder color of nail polish than I usually have. Glad to hear they’re in style, that might give me the encouragement I need, haha.

Thanks for the tips. Most mornings are rushed like that for me.

16. Gail and Rhoda says:

Great tips! I tried the blue opi polish in your photo but didn’t quite like it so my nail tech (who also happens to be my sister) added white and one drop of yellow and it was just what I had wanted. -Rhoda

• That is so creative she was able to do that Rhoda, I actually know what you mean about the blue shade. It tends to make me look extra pale so I avoid it.

17. Elizabeth {Ms Classic Glamour} says:

Wonderful tips!! I could use a good message about now… 🙂
    I love the nail polish colors, too! So fun!

18. Stylish By Nature says:

Great tips and love your outfit !!

Check out my new outfit post…
    Win $100 + Special Gift Sheinside Giveaway
    ❤ StylishByNature.com

19. LifeStyle Journal by Kate Frenkel says:

This summer I like lilac and coral nail shades most. I also like to use two colours for mani. My favourite combination is turquoise and dark blue.
    Have a nice day!
    Kate

20. Gawgus things... says:

I always veer towards coral nail polishes in the summer. Love all your Horrible Morning tips – I’m needing them today in fact 😉
    Emma

21. love the nailpolish colors soo much! like ur blog, maye u wanna follow each other?
    x

22. Chelsea Elizabeth. says:

I love the pretty essie colors! i really need a manicure!

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

23. Great post! I am getting a pedicure tomorrow and I plan to go with an OPI blue.. I’m usually a neutral-girl 😉 Coco butter smells delish – what are you using? I also like the Kai body butter right out of the shower. Coffee is a MUST have asap, right after water.

leslie

24. My secret shopping says:
  25. Jayme and Mendi says:

I’m all about a nice mani/pedi treat for a little pick-me-up! I’m legit obsessed with Essie polishes…Off the Shoulder & Mojito Madness are two of my fave new shades! LOVE!!

Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

26. I love the Essie summer range! Gorgeous colours:)Xx

27. Love your tips 🙂

28. Jayme and Mendi says:

You are speaking our language with all of the gorgeous nail polishes!! We have a serious addiction to polish. Recently I wore orange wedges (love) and painted my toes OPI’s San Tan Tonio and it was so pretty!!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

29. Patricia Santana says:

great post!!! i like the nailpolishes!!!

kisss 🙂