90’s Flashback! Austin Powers, Dr. Evil & Foxxy Cleopatra Appear in SF

Did you know that Halloween happens twice a year in San Francisco? Once on October 31st and then again on the third Sunday of every May for the annual Bay to Breakers race which happened to be yesterday. The annual footrace from the Bay side of the city to the beach is 7.46 miles and was recognized in the 80’s by the Guinness Book of World Records as being the largest footrace in the world. People of all ages run it, while thousands of others dress up in costumes and walk the insanely popular SF event totalling around 100,000 people annually.

Bay to Breakers takes ‘people watching’ to a whole new level. You’ll see every costume and lack there of imaginable. I’ll keep the photos below ‘PG’ of course as groups of friends often pick a theme. This year, my friends and siblings chose to go as characters from Austin Powers and you can check out the photos below from start to finish…

From left to right, Morgan as Goldmember, my brother Paul as Mustafa, Ryan as Fook Mi, Justin as Fook Yu, my sister Jody as Ms. Kensington, my cousin Amanda as Foxxy Cleopatra, me as Felicity Shagwell and my brother Drew as the one and only Austin Powers, Bobby in front as Dr. Evil

Savvy+Spice+ +inspiration+Austin+Powers

Our Austin Powers Inspiration

If you’re in the city for Bay to Breakers you will see people in costumes everywhere

The hills in San Francisco packed with people walking for as far as the eye can see
Random sightings~ A group of friends playing music on a ledge while men from the other deck threw tortillas into the crowd
Austin Powers & Dr. Evil ~ 1 Million Photos… If I would have known my brother was going to stay in character all 7 miles dancing through the city, I would have had him take a backpack full of my blogger cards. He probably had 200 women run up and take pictures with him throughout the day. icon smile
Creative Costumes ~ Bay to Breakers 2012
This group went as sushi and literally got down and posed for photos on each block

One woman dressed as an altered “Operation” Game
I didn’t see any group of “Tanning Moms,” but I did spot these Oompa Loompas
3 Miles through the course, Look who’s still in character?
At the 6 mile mark, we spotted Jack clearly out of juice waiting for a ride
The Golden Gate Bridge complete with matchbox cars. Could you imagine walking 7 miles in this?
Cute synchronized swimmers who had an actual routine
The police were mostly solemn and serious, but still cracked a smile when Austin danced for them
Finally~ The End
Ocean Beach in San Francisco
2012 Bay to Breakers may be over, but if you want to come next year to join or just watch, let me know. The more the merrier! Also, if you are ever having a 70’s party or birthday bash in Northern California that requires an Austin Powers impersonator, feel free to shoot me an email. icon wink
 Would you go to an event like this or do you have any crazy festivals or events in your city like this?
To see our past themes going as Caddyshack and Dancing with the Stars, I’ve added them to my Facebook page HERE
Hope you had a great weekend,
xoDale

Comments

1. Omg! Amazing pics!:D

With love,Mia

2. Julie D. says:

This looks like so much fun! I love the Austin Powers them you guys did.
    I wish we had something like this in NYC. I always love dressing up for Halloween… and I wish we had a 2nd opportunity like this to dress up.

Hudson East
    HudsonEast.blogspot.com

3. This looks so fun! Xx

4. CameronPoe2409 says:

What an amazing event! I will have to take a look at what’s happening in Blackpool this year and take some pictures. You all looked amazing and I thought the second picture you posted was really cool. xx

5. Ana Carneiro says:

Ah ah! I had no idea about this, this is so funny!

6. the creation of beauty is art. says:

This sounds like a really fun event! You guys picked a great theme – love Austen Powers! Those costumes are fantastic!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

7. GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle says:

What a great event. Only in San Fran.
    Seattle Fashion Beauty Blog

8. that is hilarious! austin powers looks perfect! ha!

9. CottonCandyINK says:

this look like so much fun, great costumes for a great cause

10. Hi Dale,

“Austin” most certainly looked like he had a good time and you can really see the character played through the pictures. Really neat event. Last year where I live they did a Zombie walk…where folks got decked out in their best “dead” wear and hit the streets…it was really fun to see everyone in costume and make-up! Even the little ones got into the spirit…or non-spirit! I love things like this where the community comes together to make such an event fun and come together with success! Not sure if they’ll do another walk here…we shall see. Thanks for sharing! Everyone looked great…Kinda feeling like some sushi now ;)

Hugs.
    Lola

11. sonia de macedo says:

Ummm HELL YEAH I would totally attend and dress up if there was anything remotely cool like this in Oz! I love the theme and it completely took me back to my adolescence ‘yeah baby’ days LOL! This event looked seriously amazing and I can’t get over that image with all of those people!

Have a great day!
    SDMxx

12. I love it! Is so original and it looks like you guys have SO MUCH fun! Thanks for sharing this amazing experience. Take care Dale. :)

———————————————
    Visit my Beauty news blog:

13. lucia m says:
  14. wow, awesome! you guys nailed the look!!! :D

15. Dominika says:

Watching these photos certainly put a huge smile on my face, your costumes were totally amazing, especially your brother’s! I wish we had a similar event here and I hope I get to attend Bay to Breakers someday! By the way, thank you for stopping by and following me, I followed you back :)

16. cracking up!!!! I’ve always wanted to go to this, my friends went a few years back dressed as girl Mexican wrestlers… I should have gone then! You guys did a great job with your costumes, I was laughing with Jack “out of gas” ha ha ha! and the sushi was awesome too!!
    ~Pau

17. Nicole @ Giraffelegs says:

This is absolutely hilarious!!!! Great idea!

18. i.ikeda says:

I’m so jealous right now! I would so go to something like this. I love your Austin Powers crew, and the Golden Gate bridge guys, the sushi people, all of them actually. This is amazing. But the guys throwing tortillas made me lol, why would they do that? Aww, and I miss Ocean Beach… It was one of my favorite places to go in SF.

19. Love the Austin Powers look! Lots of fun and I like those boots you’re wearing!

leslie

20. Jelisaveta Đukanović says:
  21. winetastegirl.com says:

Hilarious Dale! You all have way too much fun in San Fran. I don’t think Nashville would know what to do with themselves if we had something like this!

22. wow, love to join the craziness there, too bad we don’t have anything like it in Canada:( you guys totally rock in these custumes, i like them all!!!

23. sharon lei says:

WOW!! What an awesome event!! Lots of great costumes. :D

xx Love & Aloha

24. LifeStyle Journal says:

Hello,
    I have nominated you for the Versatile Blog Award. Check it out on my blog!!!
    Have a nice day!
    Kate

25. Clara Turbay says:

It is fantastic to visit a site like this full of good ideas.

26. Head to Toe Chic says:

This looks like so much fun!! Wish we had something like this where I live.

xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

27. Diana Marks says:

fun pictures!

check out my blog and, if you want, let’s follow each other on GFC or Bloglovin’ or both ;)

28. Nathalie Kartika Putri says:

Those photos are amazing! Following you, mind following back?

natzcracker

29. Rosalinda Tjioe says:

Amazing pictures! Looks like you had so much fun =) X

Join my first giveaway and stand a chance to win $25 Modcloth voucher!

30. samecookiesdifferent says:

You had fun there? It looks like you had! :) Would love to go to coachella – have you ever been there?
    x the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

31. Worthington says:

Seriously, your brother and y’alls friends are the shit. Such a funny post!! :)

32. Amanda {feast.fashion.faves} says:

sooo jealous!! looks like it was BEYOND a BLAST!!!!

<3Amanda
    {feast.fashion.faves}
    Bloglovin’
    FB - Twitter

33. Chrisology says:

I’m jealous!! This looked like a lot of fun!

34. Brandy Shaloo says:

looks like a lot of fun to me!