Do you ever wake up and just think“Yesss!” That’s how I felt this morning because it’s Friday and the weather in San Francisco this weekend will be unseasonably high in the 80′s. Roof top happy hour anyone? :) While I’ll be enjoying a little shopping and family time staycation in SF, I can’t help but crave a real tropical destination later this summer.
In the mean time, my Fauxchella St. Tropez tan has faded since last weekend and I wanted to share some must-have vacay survivor essentials whether you’re flying to an island across the world or simply heading to a hotel pool in your own city.
1. Loungeworthy Outfits are Key ~ I found these shorts recently at H&M and was instantly drawn to the vibrant scarf print pattern. The sheer lightweight top is also from there.
2. Reading Material is Crucial ~ Whether it’s fashion mags or a novel, books are a life savor if you’re in a location with no Internet. (Storitelling by Tori Spelling actually saved my vacation a few years ago when I was stuck on a Carnival Cruise from hell)
Day Clutches to the Rescue ~ These over sized clutches are a big trend this year and a perfect vacay essential. They can carry everything from a magazine, sunscreen, lipgloss, camera, hair ties, and even a pair of flip flops.
THE Day to Night Transition ~ If you’ve spent all day at the beach, pool or sightseeing, the last thing you want to do after a quick power nap is spend a long time prepping for dinner on vacation.
Here’s some of my new fave anti high-maintenance travel beauty tips:
1. ADD some bold neon earrings (these are cheap from F21 since I always lose jewelry on vacations)
2. ADD eyeliner on the outer corners of your eyes for a more dramatic evening look. Instantly makes your eyes pop without looking over the top (I recently discovered Urban Decay glide on pencil in Demolition~$19.00 here)
3. Metallic Flats ~ high heels are a hassle on vacations so add metallic sandals or wedges
4. Hair ~ Sideswept, braids or pull your hair in a high pony, tease it and then wrap it around in a bun keeping it in place with bobby pins which is what I did here.
Details by Dale
Shorts & top (recent) ~ H&M, clutch~ Nine West (TJMaxx), bracelet ~ Boutique store in Palm Springs, ring~ Versace for H&M, nail polish~ Sinful Colors neon fusion
What are your summer travel essentials and if you have any suggestions for a tropical vacay destination, let me know. I’m thinking Miami!!
Have a great weekend,