t’s a party dress
in the front and a formal
length gown in the back. I’m talking about the high-low trend
(aka the mullet dress
). Did the high-low dress may stem from all the men fed up
with the super comfy, yet somewhat shapeless oversized maxi skirts? Where ever this trend originated, I recently found one at Forever 21 and while I wasn’t gaga over the print, it’s a spring style I highly
I also wanted to share a few of my NEW favorite Spring makeup and hair products along with a recent ”Hollywood Dating” scenerio that truly translates to real life relationships…
High-Low dress on a SF windy day -Forever 21 (recent), Gladiator sandals Steve Madden (old)
I’m seeing more & more Coachella chatter on Facebook these days…Are you going?
My little San Franchella setting in the Mission Bay neighborhood
New Spring Faves
1. I’ve been loving this MAC mineral highlighter (Soft&Gentle) (it’s how celebs always have that glow on their cheekbones) 2. New lipgloss called Buxom Lips (Sugar) by Bare Escentuals (has a slight plumping effect that doesn’t sting) & 3. wavy wanna-be Nicole Richie hair curling iron free ~BaByliss Wave Wand
Of course, the mullet is an outdated hairstyle that is more of a Kenny Powers (jokes on him) kind of look these days. But hypothetically speaking, it seems like there are two types of men in this world personality wise. Although I know this is oversimplified, there is the kind of guy who would walk out of the house rocking a mullet and a guy who would never be caught in such a silly look risking the possibility of getting laughed at in public.
Hollywood: ~ There were photos snapped of Michelle Williams on a date with Jason Segel earlier this week. While people may seem a little surprised by the pairing, it got me thinking about whether most women would want to date a ‘Don Draper’ character for the long term or a Jason Segel “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” (serious, but yet a goofball) type? Which leads me to:
5 Reasons to Date a Guy with a ‘Mullet’ Personality
1. You don’t have to be a “comedian.” But if you can laugh at others, please be able laugh at yourself.
2. I asked around a bit and one female friend told me if she’s out and sees a group of guys paying attention to one guy in the group making them all laugh, she’ll take notice of him.
3. Real Housewives of Orange County Case Study ~ If you watch this show, do you notice how Slade (currently dating Gretchen) is a bit of a slimeball, yet perpetually dates housewife after housewife and has them eating out of his hand? He’s fine with the women making fun of him, doesn’t take himself too seriously, and recently wore a mullet to their 80′s party and had them all cracking up laughing (except for Vicki).
4. Post Grad Comedy School? I have a friend who actually wanted to increase his comedic qualities, so he took comedy courses (although he didn’t need it as he’s quite charming & funny in his own way)
There are all kinds of temperaments and men shouldn’t
try to be someone they’re not. But just remember, in the long term, a fun-loving personality goes a lot farther than a six-pack
for most women. Unless you’re Kim Kardashian
Details by Dale
Leather jacket ~ United Colors of Benetton, Jewelry- F21, leather clutch – Vintage Crossroads Trading Co., Nail Polish ~ Sinful Colors (Cinderella & Hazard). Stylist to the Stars & E!’s Fashion Police judge George Kotsiopoulos considers leopard print a neutral, (not sure I agree) but I threw it in mixing up patterns & colors.
Did you watch the season premiere of MadMen? Don’s new wife throws him a surprise birthday bash and serenades him singing in front of all his friends. Not only is he unamused, he’s completely embarrassed by her and visibly uncomfortable when the guys in the office made fun of him. I totally get the appeal of Jon Hamm’s character, but would you really want to be married to him?
Do you like the high-low dress trend this Spring and are you more of a Don Draper, Jason Segel, or a combo?
Have a great weekend,
“Like” our updated timeline Facebook page HERE