“Why do you always wear baggy clothes?” I asked. “You never wear jeans. Why not?” I wondered.
After a bit of prying the answer came out; “Okay, it’s because I have HUGE thighs and when I wear jeans my legs look too big,” he answered.
I was confused. A. He doesn’t have large thighs and B. I didn’t know ‘thigh’ size was a concern among men.
However, according to a new study last week conducted by Yahoo! Shine and Fitness Magazine, guess what the most HATED body part was overall among men and women? The THIGHS (14%) and men disliked their butt the most (11%). Surprising results, but it’s nothing a great pair of denim can’t handle!
I wanted to share a few designer denim secrets so we can all channel our inner Eastwood.
1. Citizens of Humanity (These consistently fit well, they have a huge selection)
2. Kasil (While relatively unknown, I’ve had a pair of Kasil jeans that have been my best denim for 6 years)
3. 7 for All Mankind (My only complaint about Seven’s & Joe’s Jeans is they stretch out, so error on the tighter side when you purchase them)
1. AG Adriano Goldschmied (I like how they fit guys and there’s no fussy detail or thick white thread)
2. 7 for All Mankind (They’re slim fit, dressy, and they look & feel good. Plus I’ve seen guy’s eyes light up when they say they’re wearing ‘Sevens’)
3. H&M, Levi’s, Lucky- Very flattering and affordable brands with a huge variety of styles and washes
If you’re on the hunt for a great pair of designer jeans, spend time trying on lots of different brands. Especially for women, bring shoes you’re most likely going to wear or ask for a pair of heels. You can also always get them altered if they’re too long. And like my friend, if you’re one of the 11% of men a little insecure about your butt or thighs, you shouldn’t be! Denim these days can work wonders, so try them on, check out your butt and “you’ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?” 😉
Enjoy this Read? Subscribe Now so You Won't Miss Future Posts!
Previous Post:« Save a Horse, Ride a Classic Trend & TOP 7 Perks of Growin’ Up Country
Next Post:Who Knew Hugh Hefner was Such a Trendsetter? »