ave you made your New Year’s resolution(s) yet? It’s okay if you haven’t, and it’s never too late in the year to start. My resolution in Jan. 2010 was to start a fashion blog. I signed up for Blogger later that summer. Then I got completely sidetracked by a series of unexpected events and suddenly it was Feb. 2011 and my blog was completely blank. That’s when I had a bit of a mid-twenties life crisis for about 5 hours and finally sat down, popped open a Redbull and typed my first few posts.
That got the ball rolling and it’s been a learning process. It’s a work in progress, but I’m so grateful to anyone who read a single post or commented in the past year. I really appreciate your support!
Closing out 2011 on NYE with my brother, bff Ryan, my sister & cousin Yovana. If you were in San Francisco and attended, I hope you had fun and you can see photos from the night here. Red dress- Guess by Marciano, My sis in metallic American Apparel, brother in Versace by H&M tux
Everyone has tips on how to keep resolutions, here’s a few that may help:
1. Add some super easy goals such as, “I want to travel to this place,” even if it’s 5 miles away or ”I want to try that new food.”
2. Like Nike says, sometimes you have to “Just Do It!“
3. Don’t have annual goals, instead make new ones each month or week. Especially for the common goal of ‘working out’ more. It’s a lot easier to say “I’m going to exercise Mon. and Wed. this week,” rather than “I’m going to lose ‘X’ pounds this year.”
4. If you make resolutions that you dread doing or they make you unhappy working on them, what’s the point unless it’s truly beneficial for your life? (Like quitting smoking)
5. Surround yourself with people who support your goals and dreams.
Looking back on 2011 & Blogging forward in 2012
What I have planned for Savvy Spice this year:
1. Styling before and after pics for all different occasions (including men’s & women’s makeovers)
2. More outfit posts and affordable trend alerts for every season
4. Collaborations with causes like “Dress for Success,” partnering with companies & Giveaways for you
5. Foodie Fridays only every so often since I’m a horrible cook. But I’ll include tricks like ‘How to eat at our favorite fast food restaurants (ex. Chipotle & In & Out) and never gain weight.’
6. A splash of current events, the latest makeup trends, plus celebrity fashion & their beauty secrets.
7. Anything you want? Just let me know
What are your new year’s resolutions and do you have any tricks to keep them?
Once again, thanks so much & I have to mention some special people who helped me out so much throughout the year.
Thank You Shout Outs!
for helping me with technical issues & computer stuff way over my head
, for all his help and Youtube skills
Also, thanks to my blogger buddies and friends & family for allowing me to use them in my posts!
Happy New Year!