1. Spend it with the people you enjoy being around the most. Don’t worry about going to that “Big” party.
2. It doesn’t matter if you’re at a restaurant, house party, club or your own living room as long as it’s a good night.
3. Plan transportation details early so you’re not waiting in the cold 2 hours for a taxi. It puts a real damper on the night.
4. Don’t fret about finding an outfit at the last minute because hopefully I can help.
5. Make sure you can count down from 10 to ‘Happy New Year’ at midnight.
Moving on to “What to Wear on New Year’s Eve” with part II of my sister, Jody’s, NYE makeover. After I did her dramatic makeup, I decked her out in a short sequin dress, 5 inch platform heels and told her to start posing away before she had to rinse it all off and throw on her warm-up suit for basketball practice.
As I adjust the bows on her heels, I’ll mention that these photos were taken outside a creepy old farmhouse right next to the rusting 60’s car from my “Mad Men“ post.
My sister balanced on a wood plank because walking inside this shack is out of the question for anyone. At best, you might get scratched by chicken wire or broken glass. And of course there’s the risk of the roof caving in or falling through the rotted floorboard into the basement of about 6 feet of murky water.