Knowing what to wear on a date is half the battle. Why? Because if you feel good and comfortable in what you’re wearing, it can only make the night go as smooth as the butter you’ll be spreading on your dinner roll whether you hit it off or decide they’re just not right for you.
1. Flirty and fun. Wearing something relatively short? Apply the age old rule of covering your cleavage.
|My top &skirt(actually shorts)-H&M, Black Patent clutch- TJ Maxx, heels- Jessica Simpson|
2. Blue Suede Shoes: I normally wear 4 or 5 inch heels. On a first date, use discretion. Nothing is worse than falling, slipping, tripping, or being awkwardly tall on a first date.
3. Fall ’11. It’s been the warmest week in months here in San Francisco. I’d definitely wear this on a night out. Pleated skirts are one of my favorite trends right now. Polka dots are back and fun too.
4. For added touch of glamour, if your hair or hair extensions are long enough pull all of your hair to one side. It adds a bit of old Hollywood.
5. Most importantly: Be yourself and have fun
|Makeup tip- When I go out and want to make my eyes more dramatic I use Salon Perfect Lashes
If you want a more natural look I prefer #53. They are super affordable and easy to apply
Avoid a Dating Disaster: (Men & Women) What I mean by this is to watch for signs, clues and sloppiness on a FIRST date so you know that dating this person more than once might be a BAD move.
1. Cell phone mood killers: If your date checks his or her phone more than twice at the dinner table on a date (even if they just need to “check the time”) it’s rude.
2. EX-FILES: On a first date, if someone talks about their ex more than twice and it’s the same ex they are probably either still seeing them, missing them or thinking about them too much for comfort.
3. “Blah, Blah, Blah“: If your date talks NONSTOP about themself, doesn’t ask you questions or doesn’t listen when you answer, CUT it off fast. They probably won’t even notice because they’re so self-consumed.