Beauty Behind Bars

Are you a courtroom drama junkie? If so, I’m not judging because I get sucked into the real life drama, lies and mystery surrounding high profile court cases. It started as a child watching Judge Wapner and then there was the summer of ’95. The summer of the O.J. Simpson trial waking up every morning playing barbies with my sister, coloring, snacking and watching characters like Kato and Johnny overtake our TV for hours on end. Fresh air was out of the question that summer, we couldn’t miss a second of the case.

As for Casey Anthony, guilty and yuck! But the Amanda Knox murder trial in Italy is one I’ve followed since the beginning thanks to the Today Show. When there’s a hottie in the hot seat, the media just can’t resist reporting day after day.

The BIG question now is a verdict in the murder conviction appeal trial is expected within the WEEK, so will she be released back to the US and her family or be faced to complete her 26-year jail sentence?

We’ll know soon…..
Amanda+Knox

Quick background: Amanda Knox, 24, has been jailed four years for her connection in the 2007 murder of her roommate, Meredith Kercher, at the apartment they were sharing in Perugia, Italy. You can see read the full details of the murder and trial here or watch a Today Show segment here

Amanda Knox has had multiple nicknames in the press from “Foxy Knoxy” to more recently “Jessica Rabbit” and “She Devil” after prosecutors claimed she has a manipulative promiscuous reputation. Many also felt her behavior was inappropriate and strange after there were photos of her making out with her Harry Potter look alike boyfriend (also in prison for the murder) just hours after her roommate was found dead.

(Sidenoteicon smile Amanda “Noxema” Knox:  Her looks have always drawn added attention to the case. I’m curious. What kind of food, facewash and/or stress management skills do they provide in the Italian prison system? Could she have a more perfect complexion?

Amanda+Knox+ +clear+skin

The murder case surrounding Amanda Knox has already generated 10 books, endless news stories and even a Lifetime movie. I hope one day the real truth comes out for the sake of the victim’s family, but I don’t think it ever will. icon sad

Amanda’s lawyers will deliver closing arguments tomorrow so if you’ve been following this story, what do you think?

Will she go free or will her sentence be upheld?

Hope you’re having a good week.
xoDale

Comments

1. I really hope that Amanda will come home soon. I think her only guilt was that she was not likable and arrogant to the Italian police. We shall see…

hugs from New York,
    Ask Erena

2. Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou says:

If I had to guess, I’d say that she will probably go free … but we’ll see! Can’t imagine the stress of sitting and waiting to see what the verdict would be on your case. You’re right … amazing that her face shows no signs of that stress! Have a wonderful week, sweets!

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou

3. it’s disturbing isn’t it?

4. I saw a snippet of this on the news but am glad you’ve looked into it more for our benefit

5. Chick Flick Journal says:

poor girl i dont think she killed her flat mate

6. Beauty and Bows says:

Hi Dale, thank you for your sweet comment on my red lips post :)

Kisses, Melanie

7. I hope the family doesn’t begin cashing in with the books. Maybe they already have and I just don’t quite see through it?

8. Vanessa@Luxuria says:

I hope she goes free. The Italian system is very much like a “kangaroo court” for foreigners.I think her only crime was “youth arrogance”.However, Italy is an extremely corrupt and sexist country; I hope my fears are not played out.

9. Hi Dale,

Thanks for stopping by and welcome!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

10. Hi Dale,

Thanks for stopping by and welcome!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

11. Angela [Simply Simple Me] says:

I am also a courtroom drama junkie!!

12. at least they will have some form of closure this week… :|

13. im curious to see the outcome of this! man, if casey anthony is innocent, a lot of immates should be freed then! that was just ludicrous! xx

14. I have not been following this but seems an interesting to know what happens. May be you can post the outcome too.

15. Thanks for following. Following back.

16. Pearl McPride says:

I’ve always thought Amanda was innocent. The night of the murders, there were 2 strange men seen in the house. I think it’s ridiculous she is still over there!

17. Has it been four years? I remember the December verdict and all the circus around it disturbed me a great deal. Here are my thoughts in a nutshell: It seems that the police had the actual murderer and then adding some dark stories to the press that would condem Amanda. Her prosecuter–the one they dubbed The Monster of Perugia could stand some investigation. We’ll see what happens in the outcome. I would like to see Amanda come home and be reunited with her family . . .

18. I watched a documentary on this a while back..

19. What a crazy story. I have not followed it much but will definitely check to see the verdict this week!

20. I started following this case after she was found guilty (thanks to the Today show too!) and she looks so frail!! today when they showed video of her at the beginning, when she wore that “all you need is love” shirt it was like seeing a different person, she was a lil fuller and actually smiled. I hope that justice is served, to me it appears she is innocent and it’s so disgusting that the killer is out there :( we shall see…

~Pau

21. I try to not look into the courtroom stuff because it’s soo creepy!

Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

22. Rachel {Da Paura ♥} says:

It’s so crazy that I moved to Italy 2 years after this happened. You are right, I always wondered how her complexion looks so perfect with no makeup too!

Rachel

23. Edward McCall says:

If you are still following Amanda Knox’s situation you are likely confused and troubled by the fact that she is back on trial and is likely to be found guilty in the next few weeks. Unfortunately our media has done a terrible job of covering the evidence instead choosing to focus on irrelevant material such as Knox’s personal and sexual life. I’d suggest doing some research. You’ll find that you end up disappointed that Knox isn’t as represented but at the same time you’ll be less troubled about what is and will happen to her.